The kitchen is the heart of every house. It is where you cook delicious food for your partner and your little ones. Not just this, it is also the place which leaves the most impression on your guests. No one likes to walk into a house with an average-looking kitchen. In this article, we have come up with tips and tricks that can make your kitchen look beautiful. It doesn’t matter if you have a gigantic or a small and compact kitchen as the below-mentioned tips are practical for every kitchen type.
- Make it roomy with light colors: The first thing that you need to do to make your small kitchen beautiful is to select a color theme that is light and modern to make it look roomier. For instance, instead of going for a dark blue and brown theme, go for a grey, white, or antique theme.
- Wooden floors: The next thing that you must consider is the flooring. Wooden textured tiles are more in fashion for kitchen floors, but you can also go for white glazed tiles for your kitchen. You can also paint your kitchen floors in whatever color you like.
- Backsplash: Backsplash is the soul of any kitchen. I have been to many kitchens in Australia where a simple bad decision of wrong colored and textured backsplash ruined the kitchen’s entire look. If you want to make your small kitchen beautiful, opt for metal kitchen tiles made of copper. They are not only practical but also give a gorgeous yet antique look to your kitchen. You can get metal kitchen tiles made of copper as they look gorgeous as well. They offer the perfect backsplash for your kitchen.
- Decorate it with curtains: If you have a window in your kitchen, make sure to hang some light-colored net curtains that make your kitchen look sophisticated and also adds an element of delicacy to this most frequently used part of your house. In fact, I have pink flower embossed white net curtains hung in my kitchen and my kids and guests love them.
- Keep shelves empty: No one likes a kitchen that has a lot of stuff put on shelves. Be practical and make your kitchen roomy by keeping the shelves empty. Keep small things on the shelves and don’t occupy the space with food factories and machinery.
- Decorate it with money plants: I personally love to keep money plants at the corners of my kitchen shelves. They not only soothe the eyes but also gives the kitchen a fresher environment. You can either go for live money plants or opt for artificial flowers according to the theme of your kitchen.
The tips mentioned above and tricks are great if you want to make your small kitchen space look beautiful. They are not only practical but are easily applicable for every Australian mum out there. Make sure to keep your kitchen clean and empty of stuff to make it look elegant and roomy.