Kids Surf Lesson
For your child to join a group lesson they must be 8 years or older, able to swim 50 metres and be able to handle a 7ft surf board, otherwise the private lesson is recommended. However a child under 8 may do a group lesson if a parent or accompanying adult is able to assist with carrying the board and safety at all times. Our group surf lessons are a great introduction to surfing where your child will learn about surf safety which is priceless knowledge that they will have for the rest of their lives.
We teach the kids how to:
- read the surf conditions
- recognise safe areas to swim and surf
- identify rips and sweeps and stay safe in the water
- handle their board
- paddle and negotiate the wave zone
- select good waves and catch them
- stand up using the easiest technique for your child’s own level of agility.