Christmas Creative Kids – 5 to 12 years Hornsby
Haven’t used your $100 Creative Kids Voucher? Need another 3 hrs to finish Christmas shopping? (Or relax, or wrap presents.)
Many kids who are interested in drama are often so busy during the term time – it’s just too hard to fit in another class! These 3 hr workshops are an ideal way to have a taster, especially for those who have never tried drama before.
This class will be split into 2 age groups on the day – younger students (5-8 years) and older students (9-12 years), but will make sure friends can stay together.
Date: 12th December
Times: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Location: Storey Park Community Centre, 7 Lodge Street, Hornsby
Class places are limited and will sell out.
The day includes:
• Creative warm up, including speech and movement exercises
• Working in groups and in pairs to tell stories
• The foundations of storytelling
• Create a character – tell a story with them!
• Introduction to improvisation
• Lots of fun! Fun is the foundation of drama
Drama can be a great way to develop confidence and creativity with other, like-minded children.
We will have a short showing 15 mins before the end of the workshop! Parents, come along. With space restrictions (4m2 per person), we have space for one audience member per student.